Sandra de Leon
- 1 kilo pig's heart (clean, boiled and minced)
- 1 kilo pig's lungs (clean, boiled and minced)
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 laurel leaf
- 3 pieces red bell pepper (diced)
- ½-cup vinegar 1-cup stock
- ½ teaspoon hot chili pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons atsuete oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add in minced heart and lungs.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Add in oregano, laurel leaf, red bell pepper and vinegar.
- Bring up heat and allow boiling without stirring.
- Stir in stock and hot chili pepper.
- Lower heat and allow simmering until stock evaporates a little.
- Finish with atsuete oil.
- Serve hot.