- 1 chicken (1 kilo)
- 3 potatoes, quartered or 2 cups quartered upo or sayote
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. ginger strips
- 2 tbsp. patis
- 4-5 cups rice water
- 1/2 cup young SILI leaves
- Clean and cut chicken into small serving pieces.
- Saute' garlic and ginger until brown.
- Add onion.
- When wilted, add chicken.
- Stir for 3 minutes, pour in patis.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then, add 1 cup rice water.
- Cover and let simmer.
- When chicken is half done, add potatoes.
- Pour in the remaining rice water.
- Cover and simmer until chicken and potatoes are done.
- Lastly, add sili leaves.
- Let boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.