Kevin D Weeks
- 1 kilo beef
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 5 tablets ascorbic acid (500 mgs)
- 1 tsp saltier
- 1 tsp Sodium Nitrite
- Cut meat into 1 1/2" cubes.
- Mix all ingredients except for the beef.
- Soak cubed meat in the solution for 7 hours or overnight. Caution: soaking should not exceed 12 hours and sodium nitrite should be used as directed. Too much of this solution is dangerous to the health.
- Rinse 3 times in clear water.
- Boil in plain water until done. Drain. Throw away broth.
- While in strainer, shred meat using 2 forks.
- You may then saute your corned beef with minced garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add diced potatoes if desired.